Kiewit Corporation Scheduling Analyst in Omaha, Nebraska
Date: Nov 28, 2018
Location: Omaha, NE, US
Requisition ID: 73424
We are looking for a self-motivated, experienced Scheduling Analyst with strong analytical abilities and excellent communication skills to work in our Operations Controller Department. Ideally someone with 3+ years' experience in planning and scheduling/project controls, and the ability to relocate as business requires. This position requires attention to detail and self-motivation.
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Kiewit Operations Controller Group is seeking a Scheduling Analyst with specific responsibility for project scheduling in the Omaha, NE office. We are looking for the ideal candidate to perform planning & scheduling activities utilizing Primavera and an ability to apply a logical progression of construction/engineering knowledge to support a wide range of project types.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Providing and/or overseeing critical path method scheduling (via Primavera) for construction projects.
• Developing schedules for estimates and work to be bid and for newly awarded projects.
• Coordination with project teams, as needed, to analyze delays and impacts to the project schedule.
• Providing scheduling analysis to support project risk assessments and independent forecasts
• 3 - 10 years’ experience in Primavera (P6) Scheduling
• The ability to travel (up to 50%)
• Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related degree
• Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
• Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Demonstrated work ethic
• The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
• The ability to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done
• Occasional extended assignments at other sites are possible
• Ability to relocate based on business needs
• Must meet the requirements of eligibility to work on Federal Projects
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Engineer, Scheduler, Construction Engineer, Water Treatment, Engineering, Customer Service, Administrative