Kiewit Corporation Robotic Process Automation Developer Intern - Kiewit Business Services in Omaha, Nebraska
Robotic Process Automation Developer Intern - Kiewit Business Services
Date: Dec 7, 2018
Location: Omaha, NE, US
Requisition ID: 76926
The Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Developer Internship is focused on the design and development of software solutions that will be utilized to apply automation to existing business processes. If you have a passion for leveraging technology to improve processes and increase efficiency, look no further. This internship will give you a hands-on learning experience that will allow you to interact with different business functions throughout Kiewit while gaining valuable capabilities in an exciting and fast-growing field.
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too.
Kiewit Business Services (KBS) is a cross-functional shared service organization that provides the business units with customer-specific services focused on cost and business value. Our services include non-core, yet essential, functions of our businesses including accounts payable, accounts receivable, change control, human capital management, payroll, project initiation, compliance and continuous improvement.
This position is based out of our Kiewit Business Center at 12720 I Street. This is a shared service center in a professional office setting.
• Work within a team to collaboratively design automated processes
• Develop automation solutions per design specifications utilizing RPA software
• Test automation solutions and compare results to expected outcomes
• Communicate status updates to stakeholders
• Update RPA scripts to account for new business scenarios
• Support debugging and issue resolution
• Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science or related field
• Basic level proficiencies in programming languages preferred
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
Other common names for this role: Bot Developer Intern
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development
• Internships are a great opportunity to explore many different specialty construction and engineering areas within Kiewit and get important hands-on experience
• Our interns have meaningful relations to the industry's top talent for guidance, and have significant responsibilities in real-world areas of the Kiewit organization
• Our long-standing internship program has launched many Kiewit careers, including our Chairman and CEO’s
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Accounts Payable, Developer, Intern, Engineer, Accounts Receivable, Finance, Technology, Entry Level, Engineering