Kiewit Corporation Purchasing Administrative Assistant - Equipment Services in Omaha, Nebraska
Purchasing Administrative Assistant - Equipment Services
Date: Dec 6, 2018
Location: Omaha, NE, US
Requisition ID: 77464
• Administer online purchasing system, including workflow requirements and master data.
• Equipment Master Data Lead – including but not limited to input, maintenance, governance and process owner for Equipment master data.
• Ensure purchase orders, purchase agreements, and actual material received stay in compliance.
• Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external Kiewit departments and third party vendors; understand Kiewit’s core business and promote a sense of urgency toward business critical issues.
• Maintain various logs, reports and templates.
• Review requisitions for completeness (i.e. cost codes, signatures, pricing information, etc.)
• Create and maintain a 30-60-90 Day delivery schedule for equipment deliveries.
• Reconcile spend and rebate calculations with suppliers/equipment manufacturers on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
• Maintain purchase order files to include a copy of the purchase order, requisition, quotes, packing slips, MRC, or any other information pertaining to each individual purchase order.
• Provide administrative support to three purchasing agents and assist with projects or back-up support to other business specialists.
• Monitor procedures and workflows for process improvement.
• Various clerical duties including, scanning and uploading purchase orders into SharePoint.
• Two-year Business Degree (preferred)
• Working knowledge of computers and experience in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish assigned tasks
• Highly professional, detail-oriented with a strong work ethic
• Flexible and highly motivated
• Must be a team player but able to work independently to meet intense deadlines, goals and objectives
• SAP knowledge (preferred)
Fast-paced office environment, must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management and vendors while simultaneously managing a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk, talk and listen.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Secretary, Engineer, Developer, ERP, Clerical, Administrative, Engineering, Technology