Kiewit Corporation Lead Software Engineer - Kiewit Technology Group in Omaha, Nebraska
Lead Software Engineer - Kiewit Technology Group
Date: Jul 14, 2019
Location: Omaha, NE, US
Requisition ID: 79968
Kiewit is looking for top talent to join our fast-paced and innovative Software Delivery Team. We are seeking a highly talented, experienced Lead Software Engineer that is passionate about creating our next generation of construction products and services, has great development skills, a passion for quality, and is excited to help build incredible, engineering solutions that win over our customers. This position will be responsible for leading a Team of Software Engineers in the design and development of high quality and performing products.
System and product design:
• Considers the customer’s perspective and experiences when designing systems.
• Leads and participates in the architectural design of features early in the development cycle, influencing it to drive quality and adherence to the specification.
• Responsible for producing quality designs that ensure solutions meet performance, scalability, flexibility and extensibility.
• Leads the Team in establishing program specifications and develops coding logic flowcharts in compliance with secure coding standards.
• Work with Product Owners to translate roadmap features into manageable components/tasks, estimate timings and resources, suggest solutions and identify possible risks.
• Build quality directly into the engineering processes and solutions by championing automated testing and test driven development.
• Writes and coaches the team on writing clean well thought out design and code with an emphasis on quality, simplicity, and maintainability.
• Works within established procedures and tools to develop, test, code review, implement, and maintain application software while focusing on best practice application security throughout the code life-cycle.
• Communicates effectively and partners well with other disciplines of the project team to deliver high quality solutions from vision to deployment and long term product stability.
• Primary technical point of contact and communicator with stakeholders such as the sponsor, product manager/owner, scrum master, project teams, and upper management.
• Responsible for managing the delivery of committed work for the team.
• Role model to Kiewit Technology Group’s Values; Make us better, make someone’s job easier, and deliver measureable value.
• Learn new technologies and keep abreast of existing technologies and be able to apply these to a variety of projects as applicable.
• Mentors more junior developers.
• Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Information Technology or Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 3+ Years of Lead/Senior Software Engineering experience
• 7+ Years of experience building software using OOP practices
• 3+ years of experience with Agile, Test Driven Development or related lifecycle methodologies
• Experience with the following front end technology preferred:
o SignalR, Angular4, Kendo UI, React, and Xamarin
• Experience with the following back-end technologies:
o LogicApps, Azure WebJobs, Azure Funtions, Azure API Management, ASP.NET Web API, ODataV4, Data Lake, HDFS, WebHDFS, AzureSql, CosmosDB
• Experience with the IDesign software architecture framework a plus
• Experience with database design and programming
• Experience with Web Services
• Hosting application using the Azure ecosystem
• Experience with Design patterns, SOA design & web service development
• Strong understanding of emerging technologies, standards, and best practices for .NET development.
• Experience with UX and User Centric Design (UCD)
• Must be able to work in a complex, dynamic team environment with minimal supervision and possess good organizational skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication and documentation skills.
• Some travel may be required.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different:
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Developer, Construction, Engineer, Software Engineer, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering