Kiewit Corporation IT Project Manager / Scrum Master - Kiewit Technology Group 1 in Omaha, Nebraska
IT Project Manager / Scrum Master - Kiewit Technology Group 1
Date: Mar 15, 2019
Location: Omaha, NE, US
Requisition ID: 79586
Position Summary :
As an IT Project Manager / Scrum Master, you will be responsible for promoting Agile values and principles here at Kiewit. This your opportunity to champion Agile in a large, complex organization that will challenge you every day. You will facilitate a variety of meetings, workshops, and Scrum ceremonies, and foster the team’s self-organization. As a Scrum Master, it will be your job to help the team realize the goals of their product roadmap and perform at the highest level using Agile methodology.
This position is based out of our Kiewit Business Center on 12720 I Street in Omaha
• Oversee multiple concurrent complex projects using Agile methodology
• Drive establishment of, and enforce, team ground rules and cultural norms
• Enable collaboration across all roles and functions
• Ensure the team is fully functional and productive
• Encourage the team to be self-organizing and self-managing. Encourage organic interaction over scheduled meetings.
• Protect the team by identifying and removing or escalating any distractions, impediments or roadblocks
• Review action items / next steps and hold the team accountable for follow through
• Stay focused on delivery and quality by encouraging teamwork, transparency and collaboration, minimizing silos and blind hand-offs
• Manage budget estimates, actual cost and remaining work forecast/cost evaluations, applicable to the project(s), with the ability to speak to the details and escalate any risks with the project sponsor and stakeholders
• Develop and manage detailed release plans, including all dependencies, resource constraints, associated timelines, gate checks, reviews and reporting
• Manage interactions with all project participants and stakeholders to ensure an effective transition of reusable project-related documentation and results into production/operations ownership
• Lead the interdisciplinary project teams to ensure transparency of integrated processes and seamless support delivery
• Creatively facilitate sprint ceremonies to elicit ideas and improvements
• 3+ years of experience as software development Project Manager / Scrum Master or a related role
• Experience with various project management methodologies (waterfall, Agile, SCRUM, Kanban, etc.)
• Able to communicate well with teams. Strong verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability to present information both to technical and non-technical customers/stakeholders, in the appropriate media and form.
• Able to ensure Agile / Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to; must be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls
• Able to use project management / Agile methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, while adhering to high-quality standards and meeting customer expectations.
• Able to effectively manage procurement of software, software development and hardware as required by the project.
• Understands basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
• Understands incremental delivery and the value of metrics (burndown metrics, velocity)
• Understands backlog tracking and task definition
• Familiarity with techniques such as user story mapping, personas and persona mapping, visual management and information radiators
• Ability to navigate complex release management environments and effective at planning and coordinating software releases at various intervals (monthly, ad hoc)
• Familiarity with Agile tools/products, such as Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), JIRA, Confluence, Clarity, etc. is a plus
• PMP certification or Certified Scrum Master (CSM) is a plus
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Information Technology, IT Manager, Project Manager, Engineer, Manager, Technology, Engineering, Management