Kiewit Corporation Insurance Analyst - Corporate Home Office in Omaha, Nebraska
Insurance Analyst - Corporate Home Office
Date: Jan 26, 2020
Location: Omaha, NE, US
Requisition ID: 83533
As an Insurance Analyst in the Risk Management & Insurance team, you will implement and administer approved risk management department and corporate policies and procedures as directed by Risk Management & Insurance leadership. You’ll also provide insurance and risk management support to the various Kiewit operation Districts and projects. You’ll typically have a wide-ranging division of responsibilities, which include supporting Kiewit District personnel, interactions with other Kiewit Home Office departments, and others in the profession including insurance agents, brokers, and professional organizations.
At Kiewit, our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too.
• As directed by Director, Risk Management & Insurance, Senior Risk Managers, or Risk Manager to implement and administer approved risk management department and corporate policies and procedures.
• To provide insurance and risk management support to the various Kiewit operating Districts and projects.
• Provide project insurance bid reviews, insurance and bond requirements, pricing and other information necessary to assist the estimating group within a particular district for both sole work and sponsored joint ventures.
• Assist in reviewing and determining casualty or property risks in the construction operations of Kiewit and recommend methods to eliminate, control, minimize, assume or insure those risks.
• Provide support by participating in the selection of and negotiation with brokers and carriers, concerning coverages on behalf of Kiewit.
• Manage and assist the job with the investigation and settlement of builders’ risk, property and contractor’s equipment claims.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of an integrated corporate insurance program which will protect the financial position of Kiewit covering property & casualty risks.
• Prepare clear and concise specifications for insurance renewals.
• Obtain and provide certificates of insurance and/or binders to districts and job offices.
• Obtain special insurance coverages such as builders’ risk insurance, pollution liability, railroad protective liability, etc. required by contract to adequately insure our construction projects.
• Assist in project contract review and negotiations as they relate to insurance and risk.
Key Working Relationships
• Various District personnel in analyzing their insurance and risk management needs, binding coverage and processing property related claims.
• Interaction with other Home Office departments involving legal and financial issues.
• With others in the profession including insurance agents, brokers and professional organizations to maintain systematic contact and up-to-date knowledge of the developments within the industry.
• BS/BA Undergraduate Degree
• 2 years property casualty experience (insurance brokerage, claims adjusting, underwriting or risk management).
• Demonstrated abilities in sound judgment, planning, organizing, creativity, communication and a strong work ethic with a willingness to place work related objectives ahead of personal interests.
• Ability to travel as needed for educational purposes, broker meetings, to project sites, conferences less than 20% of the time.
Other common names for this role: Risk Manager, Risk Analyst, Insurance Specialist, Insurance Manager, Risk Supervisor, Insurance Consultant, Insurance Advisor
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Engineer, Risk Management, Business Manager, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering, Finance, Management