Kiewit Corporation General Superintendent - Foundations Ground Improvement in Omaha, Nebraska
General Superintendent - Foundations Ground Improvement
Date: Nov 16, 2018
Location: Omaha, NE, US
Requisition ID: 77083
When it comes to ground imporvements, we are experienced executors in a wide array of techniques to increase bearing capacity and ground strength, reduce settlement and increase liquefaction resistant's of soils.
• Supervises staff and craft on project in one or more disciplines. Responsible for safety, quality, productivity and schedule adherence.
• Ensures effective liaison between field engineering and craft to maintain construction compliance with drawings and specifications.
• Coordinates work and interfaces effectively with craft superintendents and subcontractors, as well as project management to ensure smooth workflow and schedule adherence.
• Resolves employee conflicts and grievances, informing project and corporate management as appropriate.
• Assists in planning work schedule, determining craft labor levels, material quantities, equipment requirements, etc.
• Ensures that project rules, procedures and programs are followed consistently, including those involving safety, attendance, and workplace behavior standards.
• Ten or more years’ experience in heavy civil construction environment with significant experience in regards to deep foundations
• Experience in CFA/ACIP piles, Displacement Piles, Soil Mixing, Grouting, Vibrofloatation
• Experience in Grout/Concrete Columns, Non-vibratory Stone Colums, Vibro Compaction, Stone Columns
• Experience in labor and cost planning and budget
• Ability to communicate effectively with project craft, staff and management
• Fast-paced project field environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 50 pounds.
• Travel or relocation in the U.S. to project areas as needed.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Chemical Research, Construction, Engineer, Water Treatment, Compliance, Engineering, Legal