Kiewit Corporation Field Engineer - Deep Foundations in Omaha, Nebraska
Field Engineer - Deep Foundations
Date: Jul 5, 2019
Location: Omaha, NE, US
Requisition ID: 80394
• Support construction activities by planning, organizing and implementing the following functions: project controls system, engineering interface, subcontracts and materials management, purchasing and scheduling.
• Assist project management in expediting material deliveries, estimating and processing change orders, preparing monthly billings and preparing shop drawings.
• May serve as a discipline engineer or as a lead on a medium-sized project.
• Bachelor's degree in a construction-related field of engineering or equivalent experience and/or education
• Infrastructure/Heavy Civil project experience is required.
• Two or more years’ experience in deep foundations.
• Must have working knowledge and can direct the operations of at least these management systems: scheduling - CPM, unit man-hour performance, material control, estimating and subcontracts.
• Experience with leadership and management of people, communication (verbal and written), planning and organization.
• Must have a willingness to relocate.
• Fast-paced field project environment.
• Must be able to interact professionally with craft, staff and project management while simultaneously managing a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively.
• Occasionally lift, climb and move up objects up to 50 pounds.
• Travel possible as project needs dictate.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Field Engineer, Systems Engineer, Water Treatment, Engineering