Kiewit Corporation Estimator - Deep Foundations in Omaha, Nebraska
Estimator - Deep Foundations
Date: Nov 25, 2018
Location: Omaha, NE, US
Requisition ID: 76745
• Perform estimating duties for project in the Deep Foundations market.
• Gather information to include research, site visits and other interactions.
• Produce professional and successful proposals.
• Ensure lessons learned and other historical data are captured for future benefit.
• Speak with clients, vendors, and suppliers as needed to gather information.
• Draft scope letters for each bid proposal
• Two or more years’ relevant estimating experience is required, preferably in the Deep Foundations industry
• Specific familiarity with Drilled Shafts and Ground Improvement (i.e. Auger Cast, Displacement Pile, Stone Columns, etc.) is strongly preferred.
• Proficiency in Hard Dollar, MS Excel and MS Works is recommended.
• Must be willing and able to travel as needed as part of the Estimating/Bid process.
• Fast-paced district office environment. Must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management, client representatives, staff and contractors while maintaining a diverse workload. Sit, stand, see, walk, talk and listen. Occasionally lift and move objects up to 50 pounds.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Estimator, Engineer, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Finance, Engineering