Kiewit Corporation Entry Level Tax Accountant - Corporate Home Office in Omaha, Nebraska
Entry Level Tax Accountant - Corporate Home Office
Date: Jul 10, 2019
Location: Omaha, NE, US
Requisition ID: 80661
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too.
This position is based out of our Kiewit Plaza at Kiewit Plaza 3555 Farnam St. Omaha, NE 68131. This is a corporate office in a professional office setting.
We’re seeking a self-motivated individual to work as a Tax Accountant in our Corporate Tax Department. As a Tax Accoutant in the Sales and Use, you will be responsible for:
• Preparation of transactional tax returns (state, local, and international)
• Analysis of tax payable accounts
• Completion of assigned projects
• Monitor tax legislation
• Assist with tax audits
• Research and analysis of tax issues
This position requires self-awareness and initiative. This individual must be assertive to take on learning activities and grasp developmental opportunities. A successful candidate will be highly motivated and have the ability to build relationships quickly and naturally. These relationships will bring this candidate the credibility needed to operate as a successful business partner within Kiewit.
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or equivalent
• 0-3 years tax experience
• Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
• Proven technical abilities
• Ability to conduct research
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office and research software)
• Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
• Willing and able to put in the time required to meet deadlines
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Some travel may be required
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Accounts Payable, Accounting, Engineer, Outside Sales, Finance, Entry Level, Engineering, Sales