Kiewit Corporation Entry Level Staff Accountant, Financial Reporting (May 2019) - Corporate Home Office in Omaha, Nebraska
Entry Level Staff Accountant, Financial Reporting (May 2019) - Corporate Home Office
Date: Feb 13, 2019
Location: Omaha, NE, NE, US
Requisition ID: 79208
Are you an operations minded individual who enjoys numbers and solving problems? Are you looking for a rapid professional growth environment in an evolving department? How about a position that will prepare you for an operations support accounting role – a contributor to the bottom line – and a future opportunity to relocate?
Look no further.
As a staff accountant on the financial reporting team, you will be responsible for day-to-day general ledger activities used to prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements along with ad hoc management reporting responsibilities. You’ll typically have a wide-ranging division of responsibilities, which include supporting field and corporate leadership, construction partners and customers, as well as internal/external auditors. You will constantly interact with other accounting /finance home office departments such as construction cost accounting, capital assets, internal audit, and operations management support. Rotational and “guest” opportunities are also possible in those departments. Kiewit is proud of a culture of meritocracy, where only your ambition, curiosity, and passion for learning will limit your advancement opportunities.
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too.
• Work effectively with home office and field personnel to ensure accurate and timely reporting of the Company’s financial ledger.
• Prepare quarterly and monthly financial statements
• Prepare account reconciliations
• Reconcile operational results to financial results and report to leadership
• Project anticipated financial results
• Provide support to outside partners and internal/external auditors
• Respond to ad hoc requests made by Management
• Assist in special projects as desired
This position suits a self-starter with initiative, curiosity, and a desire to learn. You must be proactive in seeking developmental opportunities and additional responsibilities as they present themselves. A successful candidate will be highly motivated and can build professional relationships quickly and naturally. These relationships will bring this candidate the credibility needed to operate as a successful business partner within Kiewit and our partners.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• 3.2 GPA or higher
• General knowledge of U.S. GAAP accounting principles and practices
• Strong analytical skills. Ability to analyze underlying principles, reasons or facts surrounding financial information
• “Do what it takes” attitude. Ability to work smart to meet deadlines.
• Effective communicator. Ability to provide information to stakeholders clearly and accurately.
• Ability to respond quickly to feedback
• Proficient in learning new accounting systems and the ability to comfortably and efficiently navigate within them
• Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to plan and prioritize work, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with internal and external customers and the ability to maintain these relationships over time
• Willingness to relocate in the future
• CPA eligible preferred
• Proficiency in Excel, PowerBI, and Tableau preferred
• SAP experience preferred
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Engineer, Financial, ERP, Accounting, Engineering, Finance, Technology, Entry Level