Kiewit Corporation Entry Level Fire Sprinkler Designer - Omaha Office - CFSC in Omaha, Nebraska
Entry Level Fire Sprinkler Designer - Omaha Office - CFSC
Date: Nov 28, 2018
Location: Omaha, NE, US
Requisition ID: 77325
We are looking for candidates to perform design work in connection with the installation of the fire protection system based from our Quad Cities Area Office in Iowa.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
Continental Fire Sprinkler Company is a full-service fire suppression company that designs, installs, services and inspects fire protection systems. With talented people and extensive resources, Continental Fire Sprinkler Company has completed a wide range of projects within 46 different states throughout the nation since 1971. Our headquarters are in Omaha, NE, with area offices in Davenport, IA; Des Moines, IA; and Glen Burnie, MD. We pride ourselves on developing top-notch people into the managers and leaders of the future. Our success is evidenced by the number of successful, long-term Continental employees. We commit extensive resources to training and developing our people through formal programs and hands-on experience. Our experienced personnel, use of innovative technology and genuine dedication to customer service has established us as a trusted source for fire protection services.
This position is based out of our Omaha Area Office and surrounding projects in Nebraska.
• Detailing of shop drawings, field engineering, and operation planning
• Project scheduling and quantity tracking, material procurement
• Coordinate sprinkler design with existing structure and other MEP subcontractors.
• Contract administration, and estimating and supervision of field activities
• Other job duties as assigned
• Currently pursuing or a recent graduate in a Engineering, Fire Protection Engineering, Construction Management, or related degree strongly preferred (Associates degree also considered)
• 0-2 years' fire sprinkler design experience
• Experience with Excel, Word, and AutoCAD preferred
• Ability to travel and relocate as the business requires (25%-50%)
• Able to read engineer/design, architectural, and structural blueprints.
• Fundamental understanding of general construction methods, practices, and terminology.
• High level of self-discipline, motivation, and ability to operate in a team environment.
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in a wide-ranging climates and environments
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
Other common names for this role: Design Engineer I, Fire Sprinkler Engineer I, Entry Level Design Engineer I, Entry Level Fire Sprinkler Designer
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Engineer, Design Engineer, Procurement, Wastewater, Entry Level, Engineering, Operations