Kiewit Corporation Enterprise Reporting ETL Developer- Kiewit Technology Group in Omaha, Nebraska
Date: Mar 17, 2018
Location: Omaha, NE, US
Requisition ID: 70025
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
The Enterprise Reporting ETL developer is responsible for the development of ETL to move data from the replication layer to the CORE integration layer, as well as create the semantic (Business Logic) layer and assist the business analysts with the reporting presentation layer.
• Identify and document data transformation and integration (ETL/ELT) requirements, technical metadata design patterns standards, procedures, and monitoring
• Creation of BTEQs that perform ETL to move data from Replication Layer to CORE integration layer
• Analyzes access patterns and works with DBA/Tech Lead to determine additional physical database changes: Indexing options, (Secondary Index, Join Index, Aggregate Join Index) or intermediate table/views.
• Updates the master mapping documentation
• Perform Data Discovery and Data Profiling
• Capture Extract operations documentation, and requirements (current state)
• Extract data from cloud based systems using JSON, web-api and other tools
• Fast load data using other Teradata tools like TPT
• Creates and maintains shell scripts on Linux servers that are used to execute ETL loads.
• Participate in Design and Code review sessions to ensure optimal bug free code is deployed to production.
• Troubleshoot complex BTEQs that move a large amount of data in the EDW.
• Three (3)+ years of high level experience writing complex Teradata SQL and BTEQ scripts.
• Three (3)+ years experience delivering both ELT and ETL solutions to support an EDW
• Proven ability to understand complex business rules and processes and then build them within the semantic layer.
• Deep knowledge of indexing and proven ability to select the correct approach
• Experience working with DBA to performance tune the solution
• Proven ability to understand complex business rules and processes and then build them within the ETL or ELT layer
• Ability to work with the business analysts and data modelers to identify and document the correct source for the data based on the business process
• Experience building data cleansing processes
• Experience with VSTS version control software
• Experience with SSIS is a plus.
• Strong Business Intelligence data model knowledge
• Experience with front end reporting tools such as Business Objects, Tableau and SSRS
• Teradata experience preferred
• Deep understanding of Master Data and Metadata
• Proven ability to work in an environment with complex solutions and models
• Proven ability to meet aggressive deadlines
• Ability to design a solution including detailed written/visual documentation with strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to translate complex technical terminology, concepts and issues in terms understandable to technical and non-technical management and resources staff
• Strong interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner, lead working groups, negotiate
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Developer, Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, Engineer, Business Analyst, Technology, Engineering