Kiewit Corporation Early Career Data Analyst - Corporate Home Office in Omaha, Nebraska
Early Career Data Analyst - Corporate Home Office
Date: Jun 5, 2019
Location: Omaha, NE, US
Requisition ID: 80340
Are you an Analyst with 1-3 years of experience? Would you like to gather, analyze, and compile important company data into materials management can use to drive decisions? Look no further.
We’re looking for a team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives. Someone that is detail-oriented, highly motivated with the ability to effectively manage time is most likely to be successful in this role. Our ideal candidate can work on multiple projects simultaneously and translate business data into digestible information that improves corporate decisions.
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere else. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too.
Kiewit Plaza at 3555 Farnam Street in Omaha, NE. This is a corporate office in a professional office setting.
• Analyze, interpret and present data in a meaningful way to drive results
• Define and create standard reporting within tools like Tableau and/or Power BI
• Work collaboratively with others to tackle complex data and reporting issues
• Integrate disparate data sources for all-inclusive reporting tools
• Liaison with our technology group to develop and implement solutions that optimize efficiency, quality, and value
• Support analytics and reporting needs with ad hoc analysis
• Maintain, manage and improve standard reports and data sets
• Work with leadership to define priorities and manage project backlog
• Recognize and bring attention to operational inefficiencies
• Clearly communicate and present findings to Executive Leadership
• Suggest alternate solutions based on the requirements given and align them with Kiewit’s best practices
• 1-3 years’ experience in data analytics and reporting
• Bachelor’s degree in analytics, business, engineering, construction management or equivalent degree
• Tableau Desktop, SQL and/or Power BI knowledge
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Interpret data and reporting needs and offer appropriate options to the customer
• Adapt and improve changes in systems, practices, and processes
• Collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant quantities of data with attention to detail, accuracy, and consistency
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
• Easily adapt to changing environments and requirements
• Detail-oriented, highly motivated with the ability to effectively manage expectations and time
• SAP Experience (preferred)
• Proficiency with Alteryx ETL/data wrangling software (preferred)
• Proficiency with R-Studio (preferred)
• Construction experience (preferred)
Other common names for this role: Data Wrangler, Business Analyst
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Database, Engineer, ERP, Data Analyst, SAP, Technology, Engineering, Data