Kiewit Corporation API Developer Intern - Kiewit Technology Group in Omaha, Nebraska
API Developer Intern - Kiewit Technology Group
Date: Mar 8, 2019
Location: Omaha, NE, US
Requisition ID: 79170
District Overview: Kiewit Technology Group’s (KTG) mission is to deliver project schedule and cost certainty by employing technology designed by and for the construction industry. Our team deploys apps to the field that increase profitability by maximizing the way we use our people and resources in daily operations. KTG uses the Kiewit Management System (KMS), which includes systems and tools that manage every part of Kiewit’s business and lifecycle of a project, to improve planning and day-to-day execution in the field by giving our people real-time data to make faster, smarter decisions. Every day our employees make an impact the efficiency of the iconic projects Kiewit builds and you can too.
Location: 12720 I Street, Omaha, NE 68137
This position will assist our Enterprise API team in building out our enterprise APIs to surface corporate entities and business processes to our application teams and business partners.
You will gain experience building modern APIs using the .NET Framework, Azure API Manager, and IDesign architecture and software development principles.
• Currently pursuing Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Shows eagerness and ability to learn technologies and get outside their comfort zone
• Experience with .NET or other OOP languages preferred
• Experience with APIs a plus
• Knowledge of TDD and unit testing preferred
• Experience working with teams using either Scrum or Kanban a plus
• Knowledge of source control, deployment strategies, and working in a collaborative development environment a plus
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development
• Internships are a great opportunity to explore many different specialty construction and engineering areas within Kiewit and get important hands-on experience
• Our interns have meaningful relations to the industry's top talent for guidance, and have significant responsibilities in real-world areas of the Kiewit organization
• Our long-standing internship program has launched many Kiewit careers, including our Chairman and CEO’s
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Intern, Developer, Engineer, .NET, Information Technology, Entry Level, Technology, Engineering