Kiewit Corporation Aircraft Dispatcher - Midwest Aviation in Omaha, Nebraska
Aircraft Dispatcher - Midwest Aviation
Date: Jun 4, 2019
Location: Omaha, NE, US
Requisition ID: 80294
As the Dispatcher/Scheduler, you’ll be administratively responsible to the Charter Operations Quality Assurance Manager.
At Kiewit, our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too.
This position is based out of Omaha, NE. This is an airport hangar, which includes some office space.
Accountabilities and Duties
The duties of the Dispatcher/Scheduler include, but are not limited to the following:
• Prepare and print the flight schedules of all passengers aboard Midwest Aviation and charter aircraft, utilizing the computer scheduling program and other manual systems as required;
• Acts as liaison between customers and crewmembers acting as a conduit in the exchange of pertinent information;
• Make arrangements for catering and ground transportation for passengers and crew;
• Works in concert with Kiewit Travel and Transportation to make travel arrangements for crews when required;
• Coordinate changes to schedules with operations and maintenance staff;
• Understands company operations manual, aircraft performance and makes appropriate recommendations to department management;
• Provides flight crew with flight plan and weather information (including filing flight plans and providing trip briefings, fuel advisement and route briefings - Dispatcher);
• Understands FOS software related to flight dispatching and logistic support;
• Manages accounting services (not limited to tax information, SIFL reporting, auditing and report generation), including submitting invoices for payment, and processing chargebacks;
• In concert with the Director of Maintenance, coordinates scheduled and non-scheduled aircraft maintenance;
• Arranges catering services in accordance with company and passenger requirements;
• Acts as an effective liaison between management and flight crews;
• Review completed flight data of all Midwest Aviation aircraft and enter the data into the computer-based records program;
• Maintain accurate records of flight activity for reporting and budgeting purposes. Compile, produce and distribute reports as required;
• Ensure all required reporting of Midwest Aviation operations is accomplished;
• Administer the flight department offices under the Director’s supervision; and
• Remains current on resources available and training opportunities to facilitate an effective scheduling operation.
a. High School Equivalent or GED
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Dispatcher, Transportation, Engineer, QA, Quality Assurance, Operations, Engineering, Quality, Technology