Kiewit Corporation Senior Estimator in Oakville, Ontario
Date: Feb 27, 2019
Location: Oakville, ON, CA
Requisition ID: 76853
Primary Responsibilities :
• Develop complete estimates for large, complex infrastructure jobs;
• Help estimators in the preparation of check estimates for other work, review estimates prepared by other estimating groups or JV partners to determine completeness of data used, procedures, and aid in resolving differences in bid items;
• Review owner plans and specifications to develop a comprehensive understanding of the project; develop plan for the actual construction to serve as basis for the estimate;
• Reviews all bid and contract documents and home office legal department opinions;
• Conduct site investigation prior to forming a plan of operations to identify any problems or conditions of an unusual nature that may be present;
• Perform design work as required by the project that is beyond the estimator scope of experience; handle any major technical problems encountered during bid preparation;
• Stay abreast of trends and developments, such as new equipment, methods and procedures that are developing in the building industry;
• Prepare special engineering studies or reports required by certain bid items or conditions;
• Consult with owners on various problems discovered during bid preparation, design, rates, schedules, etc.
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in civil or construction-related technology, OR extensive and related work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge, skills and abilities described above;
• At least seven years of related experience in civil construction;
• Exceptionally strong attention to detail, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills;
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Work, Outlook, Powerpoint);
• Must be able to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done;
• Candidates must possess a strong work ethic;
• Effective oral and written communication skills;
• Must be willing to travel and / or potentially relocation;
• Work independently as well as part of a team;
• Strong organizational, interpersonal skills;
• Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs.
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Estimator, Engineer, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Finance, Engineering