Kiewit Corporation Quality Manager in Oakville, Ontario
Date: Mar 2, 2019
Location: Oakville, ON, CA
Requisition ID: 77335
At Kiewit, we never stop raising the bar. Consistently focused on high quality production, we commit to excellence in all we do. We encourage new and innovative ideas with forward thinking. We build our work right the first time, delivering with a sense of urgency, the highest value to our clients. We are currently looking for a Quality Manager to oversee our quality programs at the project level. As a key member of the Project Management Team you will be responsible as a leader for the project’s quality program and performance. You will lead the implementation and continue overseeing the program throughout the project cycle, working closely with the stakeholders (clients, leadership team etc.) to enhance Kiewit’s commitment to excellence.
Kiewit’s Eastern Canada District is headquartered in Oakville , Ontario. We primarily perform heavy civil projects specializing in earth moving, transportation, roads and railways, bridges, water resources, and utilities. We are looking for hard working individuals with a career path in construction who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty! Our current opportunities are spread across the entire of Canada, with a focus in eastern Canada.
• Work closely with Construction Supervisors, Schedulers, Planners regarding development and implementation of the project quality system ensuring thorough understanding of the project scope and schedule
• Generate and execute project quality plans, inspection & test plans, and procedures
• Consult or negotiate with clients to achieve the quality program objectives
• Guide the achievement of quality work, fully in compliance with requirements of plans, specifications and industry standards
• Have a thorough knowledge of the, quality management programs in relation to infrastructure construction projects, plans, procedures, ITPs, Quality Assurance and control activities and auditing in an ISO9001 environment.
• Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, client product complaints, and construction issues
• Confer with subcontractors, suppliers, staff, and management personnel
• Generate quality reports and metrics for management presentation
• Evaluate and write reports regarding achievements and challenges of the programs and plan for continual improvement.
• Perform Root cause
• Issue notice of non-conformances and stop-work orders, conferring with clients, and quality personnel to document incidents, contract requirements, and recommend corrective actions.
• Read worker logs, as-builts, quality checklist, test reports and specification sheets, to verify that records adhere to contract specifications
• Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees
• Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties
• Execute personnel quality training
• Analyze operations to evaluate performance of a company and its staff in meeting objectives, and to determine areas of potential cost reduction, program improvement, or policy change
• Recommend modifications to existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality
• Assist other projects and regions as needed in the implementation of The Company’s Quality Program
• P.Eng or PMP, registered Engineering Technician or related will be considered
• 5+ years of progressive experience in quality management on infrastructure projects
• Willing to travel up to 75%
• Proven background as a manager in multi-discipline, large projects, managing a team
• Experience working in an ISO 9001, possess a Lead or Internal Auditor accreditation
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely express yourself in oral and written work
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity, technically curious
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong team player and has the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, and objectives
• Strong organization and time management skills, and appropriate attention to detail
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
• Ability to travel and relocate as business requires
• Legally entitled to work in Canada, possess current driver’s license without restriction
We currently have work all across the country in large cities and small towns, so our people must be willing to go where the work is. Must be able to travel and relocate as business requires. Some of our current projects locations include, Toronto, Montreal, Gatineau, Waterloo, Kingston, Raglan…
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Quality Manager, Manager, Inspector, Engineer, Quality, Management, Engineering