Kiewit Corporation Purchasing/Procurement Intern - Fall 2019 in Oakville, Ontario
Purchasing/Procurement Intern - Fall 2019
Date: Nov 18, 2019
Location: Oakville, ON, CA
Requisition ID: 83716
The position operates in the area of procurement; estimating, bid analysis, selection of suppliers, engineered equipment, subcontracts, professional services, commodities, site purchasing, material management, contract administration, site mobilization and demobilization and supplier quality surveillance. Long-term relocation and short-term field assignments will be required for this position. If assigned to the project site, a purchasing agent will partner with the purchasing manager or material manager with site purchasing and material control.
• Work closely with senior purchasing agents to purchase the highest quality materials at the lowest possible cost in correct amounts per specifications and drawings with buyouts.
• Assist in the maintenance and review of computerized or manual records of items purchased, costs, deliveries, product performance and inventories.
• Learn processes around the research and evaluation of suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier’s reputation and history.
• Assist with the evaluation and monitoring of contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and determine needs for changes.
• Help prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel) and have a general knowledge of database utilization. SAP Experience a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Business, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent degree or military experience
• Basic knowledge of all areas of procurement, including procurement execution, estimating, expediting, offsite supplier quality, subcontract administration and site purchasing
• Detail-oriented, highly motivated with ability to effectively manage time
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Ability to relocate for long and short-term field assignments
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Intern, Procurement, Engineer, ERP, Buyer, Entry Level, Operations, Engineering, Technology