Kiewit Corporation Early Career Structural Engineer - KIE - Oakville in Oakville, Ontario
Early Career Structural Engineer - KIE - Oakville
Date: Nov 22, 2019
Location: Oakville, ON, CA
Requisition ID: 79810
Our Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers Company is a multi-faceted and leading edge division of the company that offers a variety of services, including, temporary and permanent design services for current projects and new project pursuits in the United States and Canada. Our design services group has offices in Colorado, Nebraska, Washington State, and Toronto, Canada offering expertise in structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, and materials disciplines. We are looking to fill positions in our Oakville, Vancouver and Calgary offices. As an essential member of our engineering group, this position will carry out engineering design services. The engineering group is responsible for managing engineering assignments in support of Kiewit’s construction projects in both the US and Canada. As part of the engineering group, the successful candidate will work with other structural and geotechnical engineers, members of our interdisciplinary engineering team, as well as estimators, schedules and construction experts to provide advice on construction methodology, risk and the design of temporary works.
• Design of temporary structures, including falsework, support of excavation systems, temporary bridges, trestles, and other features relating to our construction operations.
• Perform calculations and structural designs as well as ensure the accuracy of the design drawings.
• Have the knowledge and ability to analyze and design according to codes, design criteria, and structural theories.
• Capable of transferring structural design and ideas to design drawings.
• Other responsibilities could include heavy lift planning, evaluation of existing structures for construction loads, erection procedures or planned sequences related to our construction operations.
• Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Structural Engineering; Master’s degree or greater in Structural Engineering is preferred
• 3-5 years of relevant engineering experience is preferred.
• Professional Engineer eligibility within the United States
• Strong all-around academic knowledge of structural engineering.
• Experience with temporary structures and/or construction engineering preferred
• Experience with engineering design software will be an advantage; this includes AutoCAD, Bluebeam, MathCAD, Navisworks, RISA-3D etc.
• Experience with working in a team setting.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Strong people skills and an ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Ability to travel/or relocate based on business needs
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Engineer, Construction, Structural Engineer, Geology, Transportation, Engineering