Kiewit Corporation Civil Technician in Oakville, Ontario
Date: Feb 14, 2019
Location: Oakville, ON, CA
Requisition ID: 78583
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Primarily focused on modelling and quantity take-offs to support construction project estimates;
• Work with our estimating teams to support preparation of estimates
• Use CAD and 3D modeling software;
• Producing documents with MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
• Follow company’s CAD Standards
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in drafting
• Experience in CAD, Civil 3D or equivalent such as Trimble Business Center, InRoads. Experience in Microstation, Sketch-Up a plus.
• Experience working in a construction project environment in the transportation industry (bridges, roadway, heavy civil construction)
• Read and understand construction documents;
• Skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint);
• Basic knowledge of BIM a plus;
• The ability to clearly communicate and collaborate with Engineers and Designers;
• Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan and conceptualize;
• Capable of recognizing conflicts and discrepancies with strong attention to detail.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Technician, Civil Engineer, Engineer, Drafting, CAD, Technology, Engineering