Kiewit Corporation Associate Design Manager in Oakville, Ontario
Associate Design Manager
Date: Jan 13, 2020
Location: Oakville, ON, CA
Requisition ID: 88099
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, transit, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an innovative team of design engineers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers (KIE) is the in-house engineering company of Kiewit. KIE’s key specialties cover all the bases, including engineering and contract review, technical support, personnel training, design considerations, change orders, scheduling, job cost projections, and constructability and method analysis. KIE serves Kiewit district, joint venture partner projects by supporting management and design at all levels. From the home office or on the job site, our integrated services support Kiewit pre-bid, post-bid and through project completion. KIE has an immediate opening for an Associate Design Manager in our Oakville (ONT) office.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop project plan for design services
• Manage schedule, budget and resources
• Manage deliverables, quality and compliancy
Prepare communication matrix, meeting and presentation
• Interface with other Kiewit operating districts
• Interface with construction project leadership (Db coordinators and others)
Consolidate best practices from project execution
• Ability to travel (up to 25%) across North America
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college.
• 4+ years of civil / project management design experience
• Knowledge of scheduling software
• Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan ahead..
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• The ability to travel (up to 25%) across North America.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Engineer, Consulting, Transportation, Geology, Manager, Engineering, Technology, Management