Kiewit Corporation G3 Craft Carpenter in North Vancouver, British Columbia
Date: Feb 21, 2018
Location: North Vancouver, BC, CA
Requisition ID: 65962
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
Construction Craft Carpenter
The G3 Terminal Vancouver Project will be looking for Carpenters! Our Journeyman Carpenter is responsible for all work in connection with the assembly and erection of false work and forms for concrete, wood and metal frame construction while conforming to plans and specifications and local building codes. Other trade skills may include layout, rigging/signaling, cutting/welding and the erection and dismantling of scaffolding.
• Measures, cuts, shapes, assembles and joins materials made of wood, wood substitutes and other materials
• Constructs, erects, installs, and repairs structures, scaffolding and framework using hand and power tools
• Reads, interprets and works from blueprints, drawings, sketches and other specifications on a variety of structures related to the construction project
• Supervises and instructs Carpenter Apprentices and labourers
• May be required to rig and signal form placement
• Understand and comply with all Company Safety policies and procedures, such as making certain that proper safety scaffolding and other equipment is in place while performing job duties
• Secure and put away all tools, equipment, and materials at the end of each work day
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in heavy civil construction
• Must hold relevant Provincial required certification, red seal and/or registered apprentice
• Knowledge in the use of concrete pumps, concrete placement/finishing, rebar installation a plus
• Prior rigging knowledge is a plus
• Knowledge of the safe and efficient use of hand and power tools.
• Must have a valid class 5 (or better) driver’s license with clean drivers abstract
• Must be able to communicate well with co-workers
• Must be able to work under pressure
• Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety policies
• The successful candidate must successfully complete a site pre-access drug and alcohol test
• Ability to work cooperatively independently and with a team in a fast-paced and complex environment
• Able to work shift work as required, including night shift
• Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• The ability to stand, crouch and kneel for long periods of time.
• Manual dexterity, balance for working on scaffolding.
• Requires standing and bending over for extensive periods of time. Often requires crawling, climbing, grasping, kneeling, squatting, and twisting.
• Requires working at heights, climbing and descending ladders frequently.
• Candidates should be able to lift weight (50lbs), able to work on heights.
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Construction, Chemical Research, Engineer, Electrical, Welding, Engineering, Manufacturing