Kiewit Corporation District Lead Technician - Midwest Aviation (Kiewit) in Newburgh, New York
District Lead Technician - Midwest Aviation (Kiewit)
Date: Jun 4, 2019
Location: Newburgh, NY, US
Requisition ID: 80297
As the District Lead Technician, you will be accountable for the maintenance, repair and service of District aircraft. You’ll oversee the scheduling of repairs and maintenance of aircraft while ensuring compliance with all FAA and other regulatory requirements.
At Kiewit, our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too.
This position is based out of Newburgh, NY. This is an airport hangar, which includes some office space.
Accountabilities and Duties
The District Lead Technician is accountable for the maintenance, repair and service of District aircraft. The individual oversees the scheduling of repairs and maintenance of aircraft while ensuring compliance with all FAA and other regulatory requirements. The duties of the position include but are not limited to:
• Reports to the District Chief of Maintenance. The District Lead Technician will report to the Director of Maintenance in the absence of the District Chief of Maintenance;
• District Lead Technician will collaborate with the District Captain in his district;
• Must have extensive background and experience in aircraft maintenance;
• Supervise personnel involved in the Maintenance and Inspection of assigned district aircraft;
• Administers the compliance of Company and FAA Regulations and Programs as they relate to aircraft Maintenance and Inspections;
• Assists in the administration of scheduling Maintenance and Inspections;
• Assists in establishing and implementing policy and procedures for department operations in maintaining standards of performance, safety and productivity;
• Work closely with the District Chief of Maintenance to make certain he is kept advised of all situations, which affect the airworthiness of assigned district aircraft;
• Assure the aircraft meet the Company standards of appearance and cleanliness;
• Conducts or supervises scheduled and unscheduled maintenance events including post and pre-flight Inspections;
• May be required to provide rapid response and deployment when needed for aircraft on ground (AOG) maintenance support;
• Audits current aircraft status in Company Computerized Maintenance Program;
• Parts procurement to include; verification of part authenticity, proper documentation, shipping and receiving as needed;
• Assure that all personal in house training requirements are met;
• Assure that all company required in house training programs are accomplished; and
• Maintains compliance with all Company Safety and Environmental programs
• In their absence, a suitable substitute shall be assigned the district lead technician’s responsibilities.
• Holds an A&P certificate;
• Possesses a background of verifiable practical experience as an active aircraft maintenance technician;
• Demonstrates knowledge of the planning, implementation and direction of the maintenance programs and control system for the aircraft operated; and
• Demonstrates knowledge of the FAA Regulations and standards relating to aircraft maintenance.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Middletown
Nearest Secondary Market: Poughkeepsie
Job Segment: Technician, Engineer, Law, Maintenance, Inspector, Technology, Engineering, Legal, Manufacturing, Quality