Kiewit Corporation Safety Coordinator - Underground in Newbergh, New York
Safety Coordinator - Underground
Date: Feb 15, 2019
Location: Newbergh, NY, US
Requisition ID: 76091
• Assist in planning, organizing and implementing district Safety Management Programs at industrial construction projects.
• Conduct safety training, job safety analysis, workplace audits and incident response as needed.
• Embody the Kiewit approach to safety, being constantly aware of conditions and work practices, being empowered to stop all unsafe work when needed.
• Ten or more years’ relevant construction experience with a minimum of five years’ EHS management.
• OSHA 30 certification.
• Current HAZWOPER and LOTO training.
• Confined Space permit.
• Ability to work in highly specific work environment (excavations/tunnels) and around related equipment.
• Ability and willingness to relocate to project sites across the USA and/or Canada for an extended period of time.
• Fast-paced project site and project office environment; Working outdoors, below grade and underground. Must be able to interact professionally with all levels of craft, staff and management while simultaneously managing a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Travel in the U.S. and internationally to project areas as needed.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Engineer, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering