Kiewit Corporation Project Engineer - Underground in New York, New York
Project Engineer - Underground
Date: Mar 5, 2019
Location: New York, NY, US
Requisition ID: 78010
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Brainstorm, designing and field inspection of temporary works for heavy civil construction projects
• Identify design-build opportunities and develop win strategy for capture
• Interface and maintain relationships with external design partners
• Temporary works designs will include shoring, falsework, concrete formwork, personnel access platforms and hoisting rigging.
• Interface with other Kiewit operating districts
• Presents ideas in persuasive and compelling ways; gains support and buy-in without demanding it; influences others to desired course of action
• 7 years' experience with focus on Engineering Design
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering degree.
• PE required, preferably registered in New York state
• Ability to travel as business requires
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Construction, Engineer, Inspector, Wastewater, Engineering, Quality