Kiewit Corporation LRT Estimator - MEC NY in New York, New York
Date: Mar 16, 2018
Location: New York, NY, US
Requisition ID: 71782
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
We are looking for 2 estimating specialists who will be responsible for specific areas of the estimating and bidding process.
The main areas of focus will be performing a quantity survey to establish the labor and materials required for multiple work items on various estimates. In addition, the position requires specification reviews & summaries, coordinating with vendors, and developing visuals to explain scope of work to senior estimators/managers. MEC NY Is an industry leader in LRT controls, signals, and communications systems, so the understanding of the construction phase of these systems is critical.
•Familiar with reading drawings/blueprints, specifically electrical blue prints and specifications
•Vocational High School Diploma/ Associate’s/Technical Degree or commensurate experience in electrical engineering/electronics, Construction, or related field
•Experience with modeling software such as Google SketchUp and AutoCAD
•Experience with on screen takeoff software such as OnCenter ,Bluebeam or Planswift
•Ability to work on multiple projects under tight deadlines
•Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Estimator, Engineer, Chemical Research, Electrical, Electrical Engineering, Finance, Engineering