Kiewit Corporation Entry Level Field/Office Engineer - South Central District in Nationwide, Texas
Entry Level Field/Office Engineer - South Central District
Date: Nov 30, 2018
Location: Nationwide, TX, US
Requisition ID: 76385
Kiewit South Central District is currently seeking entry level construction engineers! South Central District specializes in heavy civil, transportation projects and self performs much of the work done, so be ready to get on a project and get your hands dirty! We self-perform work such as mass grading, drainage, paving, utility and more. We are looking for people committed to the construction industry and not design.
As an entry level engineer you will be introduced to a variety of office and field activities as well as estimating in order to develop your understanding of construction. During your first few years you can expect to spend time learning and working on shop drawings, submittals, schedules, take offs, pay requests, contract changes and project documentation. While learning these things you will have the opportunity to travel the country building complex projects that make a profound impact on communities.
Kiewit's South Central district has a home office in Fort Worth, Texas but leads work all over Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana. However, one of the many things that makes Kiewit's culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs. Job assignment location will be determined 30 days out from start date.
• Ability to travel and relocate as business requires
• Bachelor’s degree in construction engineering, construction management, civil engineering, or in a construction-related field of engineering or equivalent experience and education with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in project or field engineering.
• At least one internship, co-op, construction job or other relevant, hands on experience
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments
• Committed to the construction industry and not the design industry - this is a hands on, construction career
• Interest in heavy civil/transportation construction; such as highways, airports, mass transit systems, canals, dams, tunnels, earthwork, structural concreate, pipeline, etc.
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt (OSHA certification preferred)
• Highly motivated, with demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done. This position will require more than 40 hours/week.
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
• Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different:
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Field Engineer, Intern, Engineering, Entry Level