Kiewit Corporation Entry Level Field/Office Engineer - Mass. Electric Transportation in Nationwide, Texas
Date: Feb 19, 2018
Location: Nationwide, TX, US
Requisition ID: 71926
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
We have projects all across the United States, so our people must be willing to go where the work is. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date.
Who We Are:
Kiewit’s roots can be traced back to 1884, where two brothers took a dream, some bricks and a little bit of mortar to build the foundation for what would become one of the largest and most respected construction, mining, and engineering companies in North America.
Mass Electric Construction Co. is a subsidiary of Kiewit Corporation, based in Irving, TX with projects stretched across all of North America.
• Signal systems
• Overhead contact systems
• Traction power and communication systems
• And more
Do you think you have the ability to be the “front lines” of the engineering effort on a construction project? Are you able to master and execute all aspects of administrative and technical project controls? Do you have an unyielding desire to build work at the lowest cost while elevating our safety and quality programs? If so, then our team is looking for you.
We’d like someone with a particular passion for building best-in-class construction projects. This position will initially be located in the US; however, the position requires the ability to relocate to Canada. As we keep working hard, we have plenty of fun along the way and stay focused executing our long term strategic goals. Are you ready?
What to Expect:
• Travel the country
• Build complex projects
• Make a profound impact
As an Entry Level Field Transit Systems Engineer you’ll be introduced to a variety of office and field activities as well as estimating in order to develop your understanding of construction. You’ll work with:
• Shop drawings
• Take offs
• Pay requests
• Contract changes
• Project documentation
This position will typically report into a Project Engineer or Job Superintendent. You will also have responsibility for ensuring crews are being trained and developed on utilizing solid project controls and fundamentals. You are the first line of contact to some of the most important projects we build.
What You’ll Need:
• A bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or a related degree.
• Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling and cost control, and to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings.
• Strong work ethic — highly motivated and willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft programs.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Comprehensive written and verbal communications skills.
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
• The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Knowledge and passion for construction safety (current federal & OSHA requirements is preferred).
• The ability and desire to travel and/or relocate as required.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Transportation, Engineer, Construction, Field Engineer, Engineering, Entry Level