Kiewit Corporation Entry Level Field/Office Engineer - Mass Electric Industrial - 2019 in Nationwide, Massachusetts
Entry Level Field/Office Engineer - Mass Electric Industrial - 2019
Date: Jun 19, 2019
Location: Nationwide, MA, US
Requisition ID: 78603
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right.
As a Field/Office Engineer, you bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
Mass. Electric Construction Co. Industrial (MEC) is a Kiewit Subsidiary and one of the nation's premier electrical contractors. We are a leader in providing complex and large-scale electrical construction and maintenance services. Our markets include those in renewables, power, transmission & distribution, water/wastewater, life sciences, data center, communications & ITS, security, transit/light rail and traction power across North America. We focus on Safety - Nobody Gets Hurt - and exceeding client expectations by meeting or beating project schedules and budgets.
We are a company that goes where the work is, which means a career with us can take you and your family to exciting parts of North America – and maybe even beyond. MEC Industrial is based out of Waltham, MA and has work all across the country. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date. Must be able to travel and relocate as frequently as business needs require. These projects are happening in large cities and small towns, so you have a chance to experience it all!
Our Entry Level Field/Office Engineers provide support for electrical construction operations. During the first few years at Mass. Electric you might expect to spend time in positions involving field engineering, cost engineering, estimating and engineering support. Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Tracking of installed quantities
• Forecasting future quantities
• Takeoffs and estimating assignments
• Creation of as-built drawings using AutoCAD
• Material submittals
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in construction management, construction engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, engineering technology or related engineering fields
• Minimum overall GPA of 2.7
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Effective verbal, written and presentation skills
• Able to work independently as well as part of a team
• Must be able to access all points of a construction site
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Industrial, Engineer, Construction, Electrical, Manufacturing, Entry Level, Engineering