Kiewit Corporation Heavy Civil Estimator - Central (TN) in Nashville, Tennessee
Heavy Civil Estimator - Central (TN)
Date: Apr 29, 2019
Location: Nashville, TN, US
Requisition ID: 78408
This opportunity will support Kiewit infrastructure projects throughout the Nashville, TN area and across the central United States.
Kiewit Central District specializes in heavy civil, transportation projects and self performs much of the work done, so be ready to get on a project and get your hands dirty! We self-perform work such as mass grading, drainage, paving, utility and more. We are looking for people committed to the construction industry and not design.
As a Heavy Civil Estimator you will work to help the Central district create timely and accurate proposals for heavy civil/infrastructure projects throughout Nashville, and the central United States.
Are you interested in understanding a construction project from a 30,000 foot view? At Kiewit, one of our keys to company stability is winning work at the right price. Without some of the best estimators in the business, we wouldn’t be where we are today and we’re currently looking for a few more to join our growing team. If you enjoy planning, and evaluating a project or constructing and understanding unit and labor cost methods, estimating may be the right career path for you.
• Provide and/or coordinate heavy civil estimating services on large, complex for bid-build/design-build/Engineer, Procure and Construct projects.
• Develop project estimates requiring bid information.
• Prepare the estimates to ensure all factors are properly considered, priced, and included in the estimate summary.
• Other duties will include performing site visits, investigations, job cost projections/ audits and constructability studies.
• Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related degree preferred.
• Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling, cost control, specifications, and engineering drawings.
• 5+ years of construction experience with 2+ years of experience in civil estimating.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Work, Outlook, Powerpoint)
• Possess strong mathematical and computer skills.
• Must be able to meet deadlines.
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Candidates must possess a strong work ethic.
• Work independently as well as part of a team.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
• Research services for methods, costs and construction techniques.
• Knowledge of construction safety and current federal & OSHA Requirements is preferred.
• Must be willing to travel and /or potentially relocate as the job requires.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Nashville
Job Segment: Civil Engineer, Estimator, Engineer, Chemical Research, Wastewater, Engineering, Finance