Kiewit Corporation G40 Asphalt Paving Foreman - Central in Nashville, Tennessee
G40 Asphalt Paving Foreman - Central
Date: Jul 5, 2019
Location: Nashville, TN, US
Requisition ID: 80404
This position will initially be in the Nashville area and is with Kiewit’s Central District. We do work across the United States and require our employees to be open to relocation.
Kiewit Central District specializes in heavy civil, transportation projects and self performs much of the work, so be ready to get on a project and get your hands dirty! We self-perform work such as mass grading, drainage, paving, utility and more. We are looking for people committed to the construction industry and not design.
As an Asphalt Paving Foreman you will manage personnel and activities associated with the efficient application of asphalt on private and/or public projects to meet company production schedules and quality specifications.
• Must partner with other management to ensure quality control specifications are met and to ensure daily production schedules/estimates are optimized.
• Must be able to instruct crewmembers in a professional manner in order to relay expectations and instill motivation.
• Daily entries required pertaining to all aspects of production and personnel.
• Must conduct effective yearly assessment reviews for crewmembers.
• Must partner with other departments such as accounting, payroll, and human resources to ensure adherence to all company policies and procedures.
• Must adhere to company Code of Ethics.
• Must be able to pass roadway technician certification courses as deemed necessary by management in order to meet state guidelines.
• Physical ability to assist crewmembers in all capacities of applications.
• Clear understanding of asphalt procedures/production.
• Ability to communicate effectively to ensure all crewmembers understand what is expected.
• Must be self-motivated.
• Must possess knowledge to ensure ethical behavior and safety standards are met as required by the company and OSHA guidelines.
• Attendance required according to company attendance policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level.
• Ability to adhere to personal protective equipment (PPE) policy and to maintain individual PPE in a functional manner.
• Must be able to adapt and work in extreme weather conditions.
• Attitude/Cooperation: Must always maintain a courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers, public.
• Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required. Out of town/county/state work may be required.
• Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completion.
• Must pass drug test and criminal background check.
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred
• Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
• Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
• Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
• Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
• Willing to travel and work away from home when required.
• Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
• Report to work at the designated start time.
• Be able to work overtime when required.
• Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
• Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
• Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
• Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
• Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Nashville
Job Segment: Engineer, Transportation, QC, Payroll, Construction, Engineering, Quality, Finance