Kiewit Corporation Early Career Safety Coordinator-Eastern in Multiple Locations, New Jersey
Early Career Safety Coordinator-Eastern
Date: Apr 30, 2019
Location: Multiple Locations, NJ, US
Requisition ID: 79784
• Assist in planning, organizing and implementing district Safety Management Programs at industrial construction projects.
• Conduct safety training, job safety analysis, workplace audits and incident response as needed.
• Embody the Kiewit approach to safety, being constantly aware of conditions and work practices, being empowered to stop all unsafe work when needed.
• Construction safety training (Certification preferred) plus two or more years’ construction safety experience related to piping, electrical and heavy industrial commissioning
• Ability to work in outdoor work environment and around related equipment.
• Willingness to relocate to project sites across the USA and/or Canada for an extended period of time.
• Fast-paced project site and project office environment; Working outdoors in varying ambient temperatures. Must be able to interact professionally with all levels of craft, staff and management while simultaneously managing a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different:
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering