Kiewit Corporation Safety Intern - TIC Power in Multiple Locations, Kansas
Safety Intern - TIC Power
Date: Oct 8, 2019
Location: Multiple Locations, KS, US
Requisition ID: 83342
As a Safety Intern, you’ll be part of a team implementing and overseeing the Project Safety Program including the development of site safety policies and procedures. You’ll assist in monitoring the activities of heavy industrial construction projects, insuring the facility's compliance with pertinent governmental regulations, company policies and procedures. You’ll assist in determining the cause of unsafe conditions and injury claims through procedure, equipment, facilities inspection and worker observation. Providing corrective action recommendations and assisting in implementing metrics for tracking and reporting on performance issues will also fall within your responsibilities. Safety Interns will review project work plans for accuracy in conformance with the standards and assist in safety program audits, coaching, and training. You must have the ability to carry out duties in varying work environments including wide ranging weather conditions and terrain with the ability to travel and/or relocate as required for projects.
Kiewit Power Constructors: Kiewit Power Constructors (KPC) provides direct-hire construction services for Power Generation utilizing a union craft force. Kiewit Power Constructors builds major EPC power plant projects throughout North America.
TIC Power: TIC Power (TICP) provides direct-hire construction services for Power Generation utilizing a non-union craft force. TIC Power builds major EPC power plant projects throughout North America.
Kiewit Power Delivery: Kiewit Power Delivery (KPD) provides direct-hire construction services for Power Delivery Services utilizing organized and open shop labor force. Kiewit Power Delivery throughout North America currently consists of Transmission & Distribution, Wind and Solar Projects.
All of Kiewit Power is committed to Kiewit’s “Nobody Gets Hurt” Philosophy.
We have projects all across the United States, in large cities and small towns, so our people must be willing to go where the work is. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date. Must be able to travel and relocate anywhere in the country, as frequently as business needs require.
• Must be pursuing a degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Safety, or a related field of study.
• Knowledge of construction safety, current Federal and OSHA requirements.
• Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
• Strong work ethic - Willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
• The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Desire to get a certification as a Safety Professional or Emergency Medical Technician is preferred.
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
• The ability to travel and relocate as required.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License
• Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship, both now and in the future
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Intern, Engineer, Chemical Research, Compliance, Inspector, Entry Level, Engineering, Legal, Quality