Kiewit Corporation Project Engineer - KBG (Building Construction) in McLean, Virginia
Project Engineer - KBG (Building Construction)
Date: Nov 16, 2018
Location: McLean, VA, US
Requisition ID: 78132
Kiewit Building Group has projects all over the United States. At this time, we need candidates open to relocation to Denver, CO; Omaha, NE; Seattle, WA; or the Washington, DC area.
Kiewit Building Group (KBG) specializes in vertical construction and is headquartered in Englewood, CO (Denver).
Kiewit Building Group is currently seeking Project Engineers. Kiewit specializes in constructing office buildings, industrial complexes, education and sports facilities, hotels, hospitals, transportation terminals, science and technology facilities, manufacturing, retail and special-use facilities as well as extensive interior construction with tenant improvements. Its capabilities include general construction, construction management, design-build, design-assist and turn-key project development. Kiewit also provides fast, accurate preconstruction project management services. During the past 10 years, Kiewit has performed construction services for more than 1,100 vertical construction projects, totaling $7.5 billion in revenue.
On our larger projects, the Project Engineer is responsible for the management of a team of field and office engineers. This position serves as the main channel of information between the Project Manager and the team and therefore requires strong interpersonal and time management skills. This role also requires strong mentorship skills as the Project Engineer will be expected to develop the team below them. Project Engineers may work as the Project Manager on some of our smaller projects.
• Cash flow management
• Financial Reporting and Forecasting
• Quantity control
• Project closeout and commissioning
• Client relations
• Operations planning
• Contract / subcontract administration
• Change Management
• Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in construction or engineering
• Experience in commercial/ structural construction; such as hospitals, stadiums, school buildings, office buildings preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or a closely related degree
• Willing to relocate for first assignment and throughout career as we operate on a national scale not a regional one
• Ability to understand project scheduling and cost control
• Ability to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings
• Knowledge and passion for construction safety- OSHA certification preferred
• Ability to quickly learn and understand various processes regarding the company’s policies, procedures and software programs
• Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done, this position will require more than 40 hours/week
• Ability to access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates, environment and terrain
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Construction, Project Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Construction Engineer, Engineering