Kiewit Corporation Field Engineer - TIC District in McKittrick, California
Field Engineer - TIC District
Date: Feb 12, 2020
Location: McKittrick, CA, US
Requisition ID: 91000
• Update project cost/schedule information on a daily basis.
• Assist in the preparation of work plans and work packages.
• Assist in the preparation of Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s).
• Participate in jobsite safety reviews, toolbox meetings, mass safety meetings, and safety training.
• Plan, schedule, and coordinate work groups on the jobsite.
• Consult with craft labor to overcome construction impediments and track completed work.
• Bachelor’s or Associate degree in Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience plus three or more years’ industrial construction experience.
• Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
• Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
• The ability to relocate to construction projects sites as required.
• Fast-paced construction project site environment; must be able to interact effectively project management, staff and craft while simultaneously managing a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Travel in the U.S. to project locations.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Field Engineer, Chemical Research, Manager, Engineering, Management