Kiewit Corporation Field/Office Engineer Fall 2019 Co-Op - Eastern District in Massachusetts
Field/Office Engineer Fall 2019 Co-Op - Eastern District
Date: Aug 15, 2019
Location: MA, US
Requisition ID: 81146
Kiewit's Eastern District is currently seeking a Field/Office Engineer for their Fall 2019 co-op program! This will be a full-time internship position that substitutes a semester of school. Kiewit self performs much of the work done, so be ready to get on a project and get your hands dirty! We are looking for people committed to the construction industry and not design.
An Co-Op/Intern position with Kiewit provides a hands-on learning experience directly related to the skills needed in a full-time construction career. You will have the opportunity to develop, participate and learn key roles and functions within construction management. As a Field/Office Engineer Intern you will be introduced to a variety of office and field activities as well as estimating in order to develop your understanding of construction. You can expect to spend time learning and working on shop drawings, submittals, schedules, take offs, pay requests, contract changes, and project documentation. While learning these things you will have the opportunity to travel the country building complex projects that make a profound impact on communities.
Kiewit’s Eastern District specializes in challenging heavy civil construction projects throughout the Northeast, including the metropolitan areas of New York, Chicago, Boston, and Washington DC. We are leaders in bridge, transit, foundation, tunnel, and water/wastewater construction while specializing in cast-in-place concrete, structural steel erection, earthwork, pile driving, and caissons. Kiewit’s Eastern District also has a large amount of work in the energy/power sector in various northeast locations. With our experienced and dedicated employees, extensive resources and in-depth market knowledge, the Eastern District can handle projects of any size
Kiewit Eastern District is currently seeking Engineer Interns for their Summer 2018 Intern Program! Kiewit’s Eastern District primarily performs heavy civil projects in infrastructure & energy, specializing in transportation, roadways, rail, power and water/wastewater while developing builders to lead the future of our company.
Kiewit is a company that goes where the work is, which means a career with us can take you and your family to exciting parts of North America – and maybe even beyond. Eastern District’s work predominately exists within the Great Lakes Area and the Northeast. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date. Must be able to travel and relocate as frequently as business needs require. These projects are happening in large cities and small towns, so you have a chance to experience it all!
• Pursuing a degree in Construction Management or Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• Must be willing to relocate for first assignment and throughout career as we operate on a national scale not a regional one
• Committed to the construction industry and not the design industry- this is a hands on, construction career
• Interest in heavy civil/transportation construction; such as highways, airports, mass transit systems, canals, dams, tunnels, earthwork, structural concreate, pipeline, etc.
• Knowledge and passion for construction safety (OSHA certification preferred)
• Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
• Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done. This position will require more than 40 hours/week.
• The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates, environment and terrain
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development
• Internships are a great opportunity to explore many different specialty construction and engineering areas within Kiewit and get important hands-on experience
• Our interns have meaningful relations to the industry's top talent for guidance, and have significant responsibilities in real-world areas of the Kiewit organization
• Our long-standing internship program has launched many Kiewit careers, including our Chairman and CEO’s
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Engineer, Construction, Intern, Electrical, Field Engineer, Engineering, Entry Level