Kiewit Corporation Engineering Interns (Winter 2020) in Marystown, Newfoundland
Engineering Interns (Winter 2020)
Date: Sep 9, 2019
Location: Marystown, NL, CA
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining.
Kiewit Offshore Services is recruiting an Engineering Intern(s) (Winter 2020 Semester) for employment in Marystown, NL.
Student(s) will be working under the guidance of senior engineers, in an entry-level position that will provide a wide range of experience and responsibilities. This is an entry level position that performs assignment- specific engineering and construction management duties that may include any combination of the following:
• Safety – participation in daily safety tours and tool box meetings
• Estimating, pricing and bidding work
• Contract Administration – subcontract and material contract management
• Trend tracking – tracking of quantities, costs and progress curves
• Purchasing, expediting and coordination of materials
• Equipment and Material Management
• Material takeoffs and material receipt inspections
• Surveying and quantity tracking
• Quality Control & Quality Assurance
• Scheduling & Work plan development - Coordination between engineering and construction activities
• Must be working towards an engineering degree or diploma; Preference may be given to students enrolled in a co-operative program.
• Candidates must possess a strong work ethic
• Must be able to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done
• Strong organizational, time management
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Be able to effectively carry out assigned duties in varying work environments and in different terrain (including various weather conditions)
• Flexible with work locations – must be able to travel/relocate to the Marystown area for the work term
Kiewit Offshore Services, in alignment with the objectives of the Atlantic Accord, are committed to providing first consideration for training and employment to qualified residents of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Candidates are required to pass a medical and drug/alcohol test as part of the pre-employment process.
Position is based in Marystown, NL.
Interested candidates are asked to forward a detailed resume outlining qualifications and experience, proof of education and safety certifications.
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Chemical Research, QC, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Quality, Technology