Kiewit Corporation Entry Level Field / Office Engineer - Southern California District in Los Angeles, California
Entry Level Field / Office Engineer - Southern California District
Date: Jun 14, 2019
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Requisition ID: 80259
As a Field Engineer, you bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality and unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building “the next big thing” from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else
Kiewit’s Southern California District is headquartered in Santa Fe Springs, CA, just 45 minutes east of Los Angeles International Airport. We primarily perform heavy civil projects specializing in earth moving, water/waste water, transportation, roadways, and power while developing builders who will lead the company into the future. Our opportunities are concentrated in the Southern California region with some work in Hawaii.
We have projects scattered throughout the Southern California region and some in Hawaii, in large cities and small towns, so our people must be willing to go where the work is. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date. Although our work is primarily concentrated in the Southern California region, our people must be able to travel and relocate as business requires.
• Support construction activities by planning, organizing and implementing the following functions: project controls system, engineering interface, subcontracts and materials management, purchasing and scheduling.
• Assist project management in expediting material deliveries, estimating and processing change orders, preparing monthly billings and preparing shop drawings.
• May serve as a discipline engineer or as a lead on a small project.
• Ability to travel and relocate as business requires
• Bachelor's degree in a construction-related field of engineering
• Experience with leadership in some capacity
• Infrastructure/Heavy Civil project experience is preferred
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Must have a valid Driver’s License
• Previous internship experience is preferred
Other common names for this role: Office Engineer
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Intern, Field Engineer, Entry Level, Engineering