Kiewit Corporation Technology Developer in Lenexa, Kansas
Date: Jul 12, 2019
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 80712
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Duties and Responsibilities
• Troubleshoots and resolves end user support requests (tracked in tickets)
• Diagnoses issues with client PCs, applications, and related infrastructure and restores service in a timely manner
• Identifies one-time/recurring application support and maintenance issues and researches opportunities for prevention or automation
• Performs root cause analysis (RCA) efforts on issues and coordinates with application developers to deploy corrective actions
• Performs routine maintenance tasks to uphold and improve application performance and availability
• Creates and maintains documentation detailing support processes, infrastructure, configuration, resolution of common recurring issues, and functional application usage.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Information Technology or Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting abilities with experience supporting/administering Windows client PCs and infrastructure
• Database – Querying/updating relational databases (MySQL/Oracle)
• Server Technology – Windows Server Admin, Remote Desktop, LDAP
• Client Technology – Excel/formulas, Java JRE, IE8+, Adobe Acrobat
• Strong written and verbal technical communication skills
• Ability to quickly understand issues or requirements and identify solutions with little guidance
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Engineer, Database, Developer, Oracle, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology