Kiewit Corporation Sr. Project Director- Oilseed Processing Engineering in Lenexa, Kansas
Sr. Project Director- Oilseed Processing Engineering
Date: Oct 24, 2018
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 74463
Excellence, Innovation, and change has defined Ibberson as a design-build firm in the agricultural, industrial, and infrastructure marketplace for over 135 years. We are currently undergoing our most amibitious and exciting change – into a leadership role for Ibberson as the food & beverage market engineering, procurement and construction services provider. Due to our record performance last year, and the challenge of advancing our position in the food & beverage and industrial industry sectors, we are seeking high caliber candidates to fill a newly created position of Senior Project Director – Oilseed Processing Engineering.
This person will report to the Engineering Manager and be responsible for driving oilseed processing systems enginering and design from concept through engineering deliverbales completion incorporating solutions from the engineering, procurement, construction and start up services groups. Focusing on the oilseed processing design technical aspects and working with our internal subject matter experts (SMEs), this engineer will be responsible for the design and integration of oilseed processing systems design working in collobaration with client representatives, third party vendors/integrators to bring forward the best in practice processing solutions and meeting core requisites of hazard analysis, recognized sanitary design practices and facility optimal performance. Additionally, this person will assist in the business development process as an oilseed processing design expert; and foster the development and growth of the design-build engineering department staff through mentoring and improved work processes to meet the needs of oilseed processing industry clients.
• Serve as the company technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) relating to oilseed processing design & operations through all phases of project delivery. Bring technical expertise in oilseed processing operations design including preparation, extraction, oil refining and co-product drying. Engagements would entail new systems design integrated into new facilities or existing systems upgrades, line optimizations and reconfigurations.
• Lead/engage in oilseed processing design project planning processes within the proposal phase; synthesize the required scope and collaborate with company resources, SME’s and functional leadership in preparing written technical engineering scope, services estimating, schedule and other proposal deliverables.
• Support business development functions by representing the company capabilities to prospective clients or directly participating in soliciting new work opportunities in the marketplace in coordination with business development and in alignment with business line strategic direction.
• Coordinate the work-flow between engineering disciplines, and SMEs to assure coordination of design work and perform quality checks of the deliverables to be in conformance with the contract and project execution plan requirements.
• Develop the most cost-effective design engineering and construction execution plan to develop a competitive proposal to assist the company to win profitable work in a very competitive oilseed processing plant design-build environment.
• Serve, as needed as a Project Engineering Manager on assigned oilseed processing design projects with the requisite delegation of authority to assemble project teams and be responsible for all engineering deliverables, procurement support, constructability, safety, quality, and field support activities. Must be able to work within a matrix environment to communicate and coordinate needs.
• Engage with or lead portions of activities for the pre-construction process planning projects and developing the best execution process for engineering and design deliverables relating to the oilseed processing engineering and design.
• Project engagement from concept development, scoping, planning, engineering, construction support, safety (in design/site engagement), drive/support commissioning and start-up and accommodate successful turn-over to plant operations.
• Support the preparation of a written project execution plan for the engineering & design services and deliverables, for stand-alone oilseed processing engineering services delivery.
• Establish and engage a rigorous change management process within the engineering process managing scope changes and elevating such changes to project management and negotiating contract change orders in engineering-only settings.
• Manage project design quantities within engineering deliverables to align with proposed and priced project quantities. Track and report compliance and/or excursions to project management.
• Assure engineering deliverables are aligned with the construction execution process coordinating deliverables and schedules with project management.
• Support the construction process within the design-build delivery by providing field engineering services when called upon, responding to RFI’s during construction, reviewing and approving vendor drawings, and supporting project completion and turn-over as called for within the prime services contract.
• Conduct/support monthly project design and performance status reviews with client representatives.
• May serve as primary client contact on select engineering (only) assignment(s) – maintain and nurture client relationships.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or technology
• Professional Engineering (PE) license, is preferred but not mandatory
• At least ten years’ experience performing oilseed processing engineering projects with a preference toward design-build engagements within the oilseed processing industry
• Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Travel in the U.S. and internationally (25-50%).
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Process Engineer, Project Engineer, Construction, Engineer, Manager, Engineering, Management