Kiewit Corporation Sr. Municipal Process Engineer in Lenexa, Kansas
Sr. Municipal Process Engineer
Date: Feb 12, 2020
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 88399
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you the satisfaction of a job well done, but will help propel you forward in your career faster than you may expect. We’ll train you, develop your skills and allow you to take on projects that will impact millions across North America.
With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
• Provide technical and engineering leadership for municipal and industrial water and wastewater facility design including treatment process evaluation, process selection, and optimization and conduct evaluations of full scale plant operations, pilot studies and bench studies as required. Identify and evaluate process lifecycle costs.
• Interface with clients and partner engineers to support project and business development needs. Work directly with clients and partners on projects and tasks to develop long-term relationships. Attend client development activities and functions.
• Coordinate multiple projects and clients simultaneously.
• Provide consultation in specialized areas related to treatment plant planning and design.
• Communicate/present potential new business opportunities and industry trends, competitive situations or technology/regulatory issues to the company.
• Work within a multi-disciplinary team of engineers within a budget and schedule to execute design and engineering on projects.
• Oversee and participate in the preparation of engineering reports, engineering drawings and specifications for complex water/wastewater projects such as PFD’s, P&ID’s, process simulations, datasheets, and engineering calculations including hydraulics and equipment sizing.
• Support business development efforts and help in the pursuit of new projects. Contribute to the development of client proposals and project cost estimates.
• Perform process systems and hydraulics modeling and scenario studies.
• Provide front line issue resolution of technical issues associated with design, construction, equipment and/or operations.
• Actively participate in professional organizations. Prepare and make presentations to clients and professional organizations.
• Serve as a representative of Kiewit at meetings, presentations and public hearings/meetings relative to assigned projects.
• Participate in improving company resources and tools to improve design production and efficiency.
• Mentor Kiewit’s less experienced engineers to become future leaders in process engineering.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Chemical, Mechanical, or Civil/Environmental Engineering
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in process development, conceptual and detailed design with a background in municipal potable water and wastewater.
• Must be willing and available to accommodate intermittent travel (20-30% maximum expected)
• Professional Engineer (PE) registration
• Understanding of local, state, and federal regulations and requirements
• Experience as process design engineering lead on design-build projects is preferred
• Experience with process modeling and simulation software applications such as Biowin, GPS-X, WatPro, AqMB, SIMBA etc. is preferred
• Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Process Engineer, Hydraulics, Engineer, Construction, Business Development, Engineering, Sales