Kiewit Corporation Sr Manager Global Talent Acquisition, Lenexa, KS- DHO HR Operations in Lenexa, Kansas
Sr Manager Global Talent Acquisition, Lenexa, KS- DHO HR Operations
Date: Nov 16, 2018
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 77602
Sr. Manager Global Talent Acquisition
Position Overview : The Sr. Manager Global Talent Acquisition is to help ensure the delivery of our most valuable asset: people. In this position, you will support our Kiewit business goals by building and maintaining relationships with Company leadership, and engaging and attracting highly experienced talent for some of our most senior-level, hardest-to-fill positions. This is your opportunity to take direct ownership for successful customer relationships and leading hiring across several business groups within the Kiewit organization, while fostering a positive experience for candidates, customers, and employees.
Location: Open to hiring in Lenexa, KS, The Woodlands, TX, Denver, CO or Omaha, NE
• Designs, develops, and maintains the recruitment process in the organization. Creates and supports systems to guide and track the effectiveness of recruitment strategies and update systems accordingly
• Maintains relationships with key recruiting vendors-both contingent and retained agencies; Manages direct placement and temporary placement vendors ensuring compliance with established parameters
• Developing and implementing strategic recruiting initiatives to address talent needs
• Developing, creating and executing effective pipeline and sourcing strategies to include social media, various external partnerships, passive recruiting, etc. with a focus on increasing quality applicant flow for critical roles
• Foster a culture of continuous improvement and innovation; execute strategies to improve hiring processes, build capabilities in data-driven decision making, talent forecasting, sourcing techniques, and interview best practices.
• Manage and develop the North America Talent Acquisition team (performance management, development, succession, etc.)
• Collaborate in the strategy and implementation of our Corporate and regional brand as employer of choice.
• Act as a corporate search thought leader; maintain your skills by leading your own search assignments in addition to managing the function.
• Promote the Talent Acquisition team brand internally through direct internal stake-holder engagement as well as all materials and presentations
• Utilize different approaches and methodology to gather market intelligence, perform quantitative and qualitative data analysis, and ensure analytical precision to drive business decisions and strategies
• Manage and inspire a talent acquisition team to deliver outstanding results while effectively communicating the critical dimensions of the staffing strategy, updating the staffing status and ensuring tight alignment with the business plans
• Bachelor’s degree (or related experience) with at least 10 years’ experience recruiting in a fast-paced, environment, including recruitment for senior/executive-level positions
• Understands business requirements and sets talent acquisition strategy with ability to manage budgets and cost allocations
• Depth of experience and knowledge in recruitment including proactive sourcing, interview techniques and candidate assessment
• Demonstrated experience in project management, having preferably led or minimally participated on project teams
• Experience managing remote/virtual teams
• Experience with recruiting analytics, reporting and metrics
• Demonstrated ability in using data to drive key decisions in leading function and daily operations
• Experience in working with external recruitment agencies and search firms
• Knowledge and experience of how to effectively use social media in recruitment
• Ability to build strong relationships at all levels, working closely with senior business leaders on a regular basis and developing networks across the organization
• Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities and adapt quickly to change
• High performer who takes initiative and produces high quality results
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Self-motivated, takes initiative, proactive and able to set work direction
• Strong team player with ability to work independently
• Flexibility for up to 25% travel
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Operations Manager, HR, Recruiting, Engineer, Operations, Human Resources, Engineering