Kiewit Corporation Safety Manager- Power Market in Lenexa, Kansas
Safety Manager- Power Market
Date: Mar 29, 2019
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 79359
• Implement and oversee the Project Safety Program including the development of site safety policies and procedures.
• Conduct training, including new hire orientation and safety meetings.
• Monitor all heavy industrial construction work for compliance with safety requirements.
• Certification as a Safety Professional or Emergency Medical Technician is also desired.
• Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or Industrial or equivalent degree/work experience
• Strong work ethic; good interpersonal and organizational skills
• Must be able to act independently with little or no supervision and work collaboratively on a team environment
• Ability to operate a standard personal computer as well as knowledge of and experience with standard office computer software.
• Ability to carry out duties in varying work environments including wide ranging weather conditions and terrain.
• Knowledge of construction safety, current Federal and OSHA requirements is preferred
• Fast-paced office environment;
• Must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively.
• Regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen
• Occasionally lift and move objects up to 30 pounds.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Engineer, Manager, Compliance, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering, Management, Legal