Kiewit Corporation Quality Coordinator in Lenexa, Kansas
Date: May 3, 2018
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 73703
Does quality mean more to you than quantity? Does the idea of continuous improvement really drive you? At Kiewit Energy Group we’re looking for individuals who have passion for all aspects of quality within heavy industrial construction and is ready to make a career out of doing things right the first time.
The Entry-Level Quality Assurance/Quality Controls Manager performs assignment specific engineering and construction management duties and assists in facilitating and implementing the quality program. These duties may include reviewing and preparing welding procedure specifications, conducting welder performance qualification testing and maintaining quality records. You’ll also be responsible for performing weld inspections, monitoring weld repair rate and assist in weld repair root cause analysis. Conducting non-destructive examinations, reviewing of sub-contractor processes and qualifications, as well as NDE coordination and reporting are activities that you’ll take part in on a daily basis. Jobsites are located throughout the United States, so travel and/or relocation is required.
• Degree in construction management, engineering, welding technology or related field.
• Working knowledge of quality control procedures relating to construction activities.
• ASQ, CQM, CQA or CWI certified and inspection experience a plus.
• Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
• Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
• Strong work ethic - Willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
• The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
• Knowledge of construction safety and current federal & OSHA Requirements is preferred.
• The ability to travel and/or relocate as required.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different:
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Engineer, Welding, Quality Assurance, Wastewater, Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing, Technology