Kiewit Corporation Project Controls Manager in Lenexa, Kansas
Project Controls Manager
Date: Apr 15, 2019
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 77687
• Lead a 5-10 person team of schedulers, takeoff leads and cost analysts at the project level.
• Provide timely and accurate project controls reporting and communication to management for large EPC industrial and power generation projects.
• Quantity Tracking: Manage quantity take-offs of mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, structural & civil drawings to support earned value and material purchasing. Develop key performance indicators and compare current progress to baseline historical data to study variances. Provide visibility to changes in quantities from estimate through project completion and be able to communicate how those changes impact construction, engineering, and commissioning.
• Advanced Work Packaging: Coordinate with engineering, procurement and construction to organize work in accordance with Construction Industry Institute best practices for Advanced Work Packaging.
• Schedule: Oversee the creation of and updates to an integrated EPC schedule in Primavera P6. Work with the scheduler to load resources, maintain labor hour forecasts, and report schedule variances per established deadlines. Prepare, review, and update weekly/monthly progress reporting that includes earned value schedule progress, schedule forecasting, and executive Management Summaries.
• Commissioning: Developing the system turnover, startup and commissioning schedule. Track and maintain progress based on startup systems identified on process and instrumentation diagrams and project contract requirements.
• Audit quantity tracking databases.
• Undergraduate degree in construction management, engineering or related discipline
• 5 years of construction experience. Project controls experience is preferred but not required.
• Ability to analytically solve problems and a willingness to utilize new software and technology in job duties.
• Advanced usage of Microsoft Excel. Familiarity with Microsoft Access/SQL, Power BI and/or Tableau a plus.
• Military veterans are encouraged to apply. Military experience will be considered in lieu of direct construction experience.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Engineer, Chemical Research, Electrical, Manager, Instrumentation, Engineering, Management