Kiewit Corporation Mid-Level Surveyor in Lenexa, Kansas
Date: Jun 29, 2019
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 79802
Kiewit Engineering is seeking an energetic individual who has a strong knowledge of Survey and Lidar to join the Field Inspection Services group. This individual should have a willing-ness to travel and a passion for understanding new progressive technology in the world of Survey, Lidar and drone inspections of Industrial and commercial facilities. The Survey Technician will use the latest survey and Lidar technology to scan and capture existing spaces in real time along with other digital artifacts. Technicians will need a working knowledge of survey, Lidar tools, drones and operating procedures. They will collaborate with other teammates for project planning, surveying, site scanning and data processing as well as share information with in-house CAD designers and modelers. Technicians need to be problem solvers that can think outside the box when presented with challenges as each project will present its own obstacles.
• Perform office calculations/drafting and on-site survey, 3D laser scanning, drone inspections, compiling, registering and reporting the collected data to generate 3D models and presentation materials
• Perform field visits, including loading the equipment for transportation, equipment set-up and demobilizing
• Compile survey reports, documents and/or drawings of findings
• 50% of work will be in processing and design
• Possess a minimum of 4 years related survey and Lidar fieldwork and drafting experience.
• Must have working knowledge of survey practices and computations.
• Must be willing to travel as needed up to 50% of the time.
•Ability to operate field equipment including Total Stations, Data Collectors, Trimble or Leica Rovers/Base Stations and Lidar capture equipment.
• PLS or Survey degree a plus.
• Experience with Leica, Riegl, Trimble or Faro Scanners and software a plus.
• Experience with drone technology and a Part 107 license a plus.
• Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strong attention to details and problem solving/analytical skills.
• Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, work environment.
• Ability to work in a collaborative team oriented environment.
• Strong technical aptitude and knowledge of basic computer technology.
• Strong understanding and ability to learn new software and PC based applications.
• Strong intra office communication across multiple mediums.
• Professional and courteous manner while engaging customers in the field.
• A clean driving record.
• Able to carry up to 50lb.
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. and able to pass a background check.
Field Inspection Services group is a part of Kiewit Engineering. Field Inspection Services includes the deployment of technology to, align engineering and design planning with actual details in the field, reduce risk and enhance cost certainty for our clients and ourselves. These services are comprised of Lidar services, drone inspections and survey to Kiewit, its projects and external customers.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Surveyor, Engineer, CAD, Drafting, Inspector, Engineering, Quality