Kiewit Corporation Mid-Level Structural Designer in Lenexa, Kansas
Mid-Level Structural Designer
Date: May 20, 2019
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 79325
Kiewit Industrial Engineering (K-IND) is seeking an Experienced Structural Designer for the Lenexa, Kansas office. Looking for the ideal candidate to grow with the K-IND team by helping to establish, maintain, and improve standards and tools while contributing to project success. The Structural Designer will have a minimum of a 2 year technical school degree in Computer Aided Design with a focus on BIM and a minimum of 5 years structural design experience using Revit, be comfortable with the latest versions of Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD, and Navisworks, have a good understanding of design document creation and data exchange using Revit, be a learning resource for less experienced designers and engineers, and be comfortable working closely with Structural Design Engineers on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Coordinate with other design group team members to review and exchange project information necessary for design and development.
• Gathers required information and collaborate with engineers and multiple disciplines to develop BIM models for foundations and steel structures.
• Leverages Building Information Modeling (BIM) to create plans, drawings, and details.
• Assist in the development of department standards and tools.
• Mentors other team members in design and modeling techniques.
• Completion of a vocational training program in Computer Aided Design and 5+ years of industrial design experience using Revit; or high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of 10 years’ of industrial design experience using Revit.
• Experience utilizing AutoCAD and NavisWorks is required.
• Demonstrates ability to interpret multi-discipline engineering and vendor documents
• Displays leadership and confidence to monitor peers, especially those with less experience in drafting and design.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and constructively with other team members and disciplines both verbally and in written form.
• Knowledge of basic spreadsheet, database, word processing programs.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Engineer, Drafting, Database, Document Management, Industrial Design, Engineering, Technology, Manufacturing