Kiewit Corporation Mid-Level Mechanical Engineer- Building Design Services in Lenexa, Kansas
Mid-Level Mechanical Engineer- Building Design Services
Date: Feb 13, 2020
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 91159
This position is for an experienced design engineer with a background in HVAC and plumbing design. Project types include administration buildings, server rooms, warehouses, and a variety of industrial facilities.
• Have an in-depth knowledge of building HVAC and plumbing systems.
• Perform engineering evaluations, conceptual and detailed designs, cost estimates, and calculations.
• Develop system design concepts, equipment selection and sizing.
• Develop building load calculations with Carrier HAP or Trane Trace.
• Prepare detailed design construction drawings and specifications for building related HVAC and plumbing systems.
• Partner closely with multiple disciplines to develop and coordinate technical aspects of designs.
• Detailed knowledge of ASHRAE standards and building codes.
• Review RFIs, shop drawings, and other equipment submittals during construction administration.
• Participate in site visits to review installations and develop punch lists.
• Mentor younger engineers.
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or architectural engineering.
• Licensed engineer with a minimum of five years’ experience in preparing design documents for HVAC and plumbing systems.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and active listening skills.
• High degree of self-motivation and positive motivating capacity to work with others.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Engineer, Construction, Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Plumbing, Engineering, Manufacturing