Kiewit Corporation Mid-Level Mechanical Designer in Lenexa, Kansas
Mid-Level Mechanical Designer
Date: Feb 13, 2019
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 79226
• Draft sketches, piping and instrument diagrams, or model 3D equipment items for power plant systems including steam cycle systems, boiler feed and condensate, water treatment, fuel handling, hydraulic, heat transfer systems, conveying systems, and air and gas systems.
• Check design deliverables in accordance with industry codes and standards, contract requirements, and company standards.
• Adhere to schedules and work assignments to ensure successful project completion.
• Coordinate with other drafters, designers and other team members assigned to a project or task, and support work progress and results.
• Train and advise interns or new graduates
• At least 3-10 years’ related design experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Drafting and Design or related discipline
• Proficient in basic computer programs including MS Word and Excel, web browsing and e-mail programs
• Knowledge of drafting software including MicroStation, Autodesk, Solidworks, SmartPlant
• Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Travel in the U.S. and internationally (5-15%).
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Engineer, Drafting, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering